Monday, January 5, 2015

Masters of Photography Project Reflection

In doing this project, I realized that the photographs a photographer takes is their own fingerprint, that they are different for every photographer and represents their personality and their lives. In this way, I also relized that my classmates were all unique and their photographs showed the way they percieved the world. Because some of the photographers they chose were very specific in their photo subjects, some of my classmates found it difficult to replicate the photos. Instead, they chose a different photo subject, but their photos were still related in style to the artist. Their choice of the location and photo subject depicted their own view of the world and put it in a physical form.

1. As a student in this class, I have learned many photography skills such as cropping and using Adobe Bridge to edit my photos. For this project in particular, these skills were imperative towards turning the photo I took to a photo that is similar to one that Philippe Halsman took.

2. From the beginning of the school year until now, I have learned multiple photography skills. I previously had no knowledge in photography whatsoever and did not know what a "good" photo was. Now, I have learned basic rules of photography and have also learned personal skills that help in leading up to taking a photo.

3. By working with a group, I can ask my group members on their opinions on photos. For this project in particular, I asked my group members about possible poses and locations that would help the photographs become the best it can be.

4.The only disadvantages of working in a group is the amount of people. With the limited working space we had, there was no space for all of us to get a "Straight" picture of the photo subject. By this, I mean that some people had to take pictures from the side, or at an angle, which made it difficult to replicate Halsman's style.

5. Looking back at the project, I believe that some of the pictures could have been of a better quality, b/c when I cropped my pictures, they became blurry and pixilated.

6. Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment